Friday, January 20, 2012

Pinned #2: Vintage Handkerchief Curtains

Visit thecsiproject.com

Sticking to my New Year's Resolution with creating one "Pin" per week. 

My Pinterest Stats for Week 2: 24 boards/914 pins/63 likes

Pinned #2: This is a photo (*below) pinned to my "The House that Love Builtpinboard because this room just sings out "AMANDA". So what I loved most is the vintage handkerchief curtains, they bring all the colors together and add such whimsy to the room. Perfect for my craft room. 


Picture by Mark Lemmon, Styled by Sunday Hendrickson

What you need:
Vintage Handkerchiefs
Curtain Rod
Mounting hardware/brackets
White Cotton Fabric
Red Ric Rac trim

My first problem was finding a curtain rod that was nearly 9 ft. long at a reasonable price. Waiting at the hardware store for my husband near the plumbing section I "eyed" the pvc pipe. PERFECT! 
The piece of pipe was cut down to fit just right and I installed the mounting brackets. Total cost of curtain hardware was around $15.00 total.  

Four Vintage Handkerchiefs sewn in two strips.
I already had some handkerchiefs sewn together (4 handkerchiefs on each strip.) So I just added the white cotton to the top and the bottom of each strip. 

I am falling in love with Ric Rac. 
And Viola! Less than an hour and I just added so much  vintage charm to my craft room. 
Now I am going to have to change the lampshade to match the curtains. 

Hope this inspires you to make your own curtains. If you need any help, please feel free to message me. 
~Amanda

Also plan on entering this project for the Window Treatments Contest at The CSI Project
Visit thecsiproject.com


1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    How you made these fantastic cotton curtains using handkerchief. This really very fantastic and fabulous idea to make different kind of curtains to decor your house to home.
    Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete